Notepad++ Function plugin fix

I’ve been having problems activating Notepad++ latest version 5.x (5.8.2) Unicode with the Functions plugin version 1.2 Unicode.

The Problem: I could get the plugin running but it didn’t identify the FunctionListRules.xml file.

The Quick Solution (On a vista PC) :

1.Navigate to your users directory C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\config
and replace the empty FunctionListRules.xml with the one from the installation zip (Download here).

The Long Solution (How do I got there):

I understood the file somehow can’t be found.
Opened a procmon (Process Monitor).

Set the following rules:
I’ve put only xml filtering for Path because I thought that the plugin author might have changed the file name.
Set the some failed Result, And of course filter be process name (notepad++.exe).

Got some interesting results – Well, I’ve found the file name but still couldn’t understand what the problem is.

Next, I’ve removed the failed Result filtering, and… Viola

Users local path

Didn’t find the actual reading but I’ve found where other plugin look for current user data.
Navigated to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\config
and there I’ve found FunctionList.ini which is a config file and the FunctionListRules.xml
Replaced the XML and I’m done.